The Disney Parks Blog announced 19 new limited time events coming to Walt Disney World for 2019. They are as follows:
Starting January 18:
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will bring new music, dancing and all sorts of other fun to Magic Kingdom Park featuring Mickey and Minnie
- A new street party, “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdom will invite guests to dance with Mickey, Minnie and their pals in front of Cinderella Castle. Shake it along with live singers belting out new arrangements of classic “Mickey Mouse Club” songs.
- The Dapper Dans and other entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom will sing songs in honor of Mickey and Minnie.
- Mickey- and Minnie-themed merchandise and food will be found throughout Magic Kingdom.
- Because this is a "Surprise Celebration", additional Limited-Time Magic entertainment and other experiences will take place in 2019 throughout the Magic Kingdom.
- The Incredibles are coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as Pixar Place will transform into a Municiberg city block.
- At the end of the block, a party will be held in honor of Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone to celebrate their Super deeds.
- Guests can meet the one and only Edna Mode – the greatest super suit designer! She will set up a special location on Pixar Place showcasing some of her best creations (no capes!).
- Also on Pixar Place, look for clues to the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack.
- Inside Walt Disney Presents, guests will have an opportunity to meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc.
- The “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ “The Lion King”.
- Also at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, special three-dimensional photo opportunities will be placed throughout the park re-creating scenes from the animated classic.
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts event takes place Jan. 18 – Feb.25, allowing guests to indulge in world-class culinary, visual and performing arts.
- The Disney on Broadway Concert Series expands to seven days a week during the Festival of the Arts, so you’ll have even more opportunities to experience some Disney musical magic live on stage.
And later in the year…
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, returns March 6 – June 3.
- The Garden Rocks Concert Series expands to seven days a week during the Flower & Garden Festival, which means a total of 270 concerts over the course of the 90-day event.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy rolls into Disney’s Hollywood Studios in spring 2019. In this new show experience, you’ll come face to face with Lightning and learn from his years of experience on the track.
- Outside the Racing Academy, you’ll get to meet Lightning McQueen’s speedy pal, Cruz Ramirez.
- If you haven’t visited Walt Disney World Resort recently, then there’s even more for you to explore and experience. Become an honorary toy at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, travel to the bioluminescent planet of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or wish a fond farewell to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” – the nighttime spectacular at Epcot – before its conclusion scheduled for the second half of 2019.