Time FrameJanuary 2, 2013 - March 19, 2013
Re-opening March 20,2013
Splash Mountain will be undergoing a 2 1/2 month refurbishment at the beginning of 2013. Typically, Splash Mountain closes for a month in either January or February so this longer refurbishment suggests larger changes to the attraction. User wdw71fan from WDWMagic.com has reported the following changes coming to the attraction:
- Ride computer system is being replaced with a new one during this refurb... gonna have a quicker 'reboot' time on the mountain in the event of a cascade...
- New computer system
- New paint, same paint as thunder.. much more durable, should last a LOT longer... (ceramic)
- Upgrades to lighting in finale
- Changes to servo control for animatronics in 2 zones
- Track realignment (typical part of the annual refurb)
Additionally, it is expected that the animatronic issues and other effects issues such as the water effects in the Laughin' Place will be addressed during this refurbishment.
Completed May 20, 2013: WDWMagic.com posted the below video showcasing the changes to the attraction.