Time FrameIn stages beginning in 2020-2021
Rumor StatusIn Development
Numerous projects are being considered for Epcot at various stages of development. As part of this overhaul, a subtle name change to the park is also possible with the rumored name change being Epcot World Center (as seen on permits in February 2018.
A budget in excess of $2 billion for projects inside the park include the following:
- CONFIRMED - Future World Updates Rumor Tracker
- CONFIRMED - Ratatouille Attraction Rumor Tracker
- CONFIRMED - Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster Rumor Tracker
- CONFIRMED - Space Themed Restaurant Coming to Future World
- CONFIRMED - New Film Coming to Epcot's China Pavilion
- CONFIRMED - Innoventions Removal Rumor Tracker
- IN DEVELOPMENT - Updates Coming to Illuminations?
- BLUE SKY - Character's from Disney Pixar's 'Coco' Coming to Gran Fiesta Tour?
- BLUE SKY - New Attraction Coming to United Kingdom Pavilion?
- BLUE SKY - New Pavilion to be Added to World Showcase?
- BLUE SKY - Projection Show Coming to Epcot?
- BLUE SKY - Spaceship Earth to Receive Updates?
- BLUE SKY - Changes Coming to Imagination Pavilion?
Additional projects outside of the park, but related to Epcot include:
Completed Epcot Changes:
- Mission: SPACE Updates Rumor Tracker - Completed August 11, 2017
- New Shorts Coming to Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival - Completed June 19, 2017
This Rumor Tracker will be retained for more general Epcot information and the individual Rumor Trackers will be updated as needed.
February 5, 2018: BlogMickey.com has posted photos from the Southern Florida Water Management District that showcase development at the front of Epcot. These photos show the creation of a new pond, an extension of the existing parking lot and the likely location of the rumored Epcot resort. The plans also feature the label, "Epcot World Center" directly on Spaceship Earth, indicating a hint at a potential name change to Future World or the park itself.
October 24, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the budget for Epcot is in excess of $2 billion, not including any hotel.
October 24, 2017: On Episode 138b of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill discusses that the $2 billion budget to redo Epcot may be modified to facilitate the construction of a hotel.
They discussed two possible locations for the hotel. One would be South East of the current Wonder Parking Lot, and the other is near the Bus Parking area.
March 21, 2017: WDWMagic.com user MagicFeather is reporting that the expected likelihood of projects taking place in Epcot is as follows:
- Mission: SPACE update/refurbishment
- Ratatouille attraction in the France Pavilion
- Guardians of the Galaxy attraction replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Small attraction addition to the United Kingdom Pavilion
- First new country in World Showcase (Likely Brazil)
- Living with the Land/The Land Pavilion refurbishment
- Second new country in World Showcase (Likely Spain)
March 14, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that multiple projects are in the works at Epcot. He does not expect all of them to be green lit, but he knows of 18 different projects being considered, 10 of which include intellectual properties. He also made a point that not all of these projects are new attractions.
November 15, 2013: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported that two major additions are coming to Epcot.